A velomobile is a human-powered vehicle related to the bicycle, for everyday use, with a body/shell that provides comfort, weather protection and luggage space. The ELF is a battery powered velomobile that rides like an enclosed recumbent bike.
This ELF Solo is white and was bought by my mom in 2018 to commute to work by the Capitol. This vehicle is considered a bicycle not a car for all applicable laws because the bicycle’s electric engine does not go over 35 mph. You can use (and fit) in bike lanes and park in bike parking. If you work in midtown you can save a ton on parking! You can also ride without a driver’s license. There is a big online following for these vehicles and we can connect you with the FB groups to connect with other owners and DIY repair/maintenance/customization.
– Engine functions great.
– Just had steering column replaced
– Tires and wheels are good
– Fiberglass body has no cracks or damage
– Blinkers, brake lights, and mirrors all work
– Trunk with two removable bins (great for the grocery store)
– Has wall battery charger too
– Seat and seat mechanisms in good shape
– Frame in perfect condition
– A new battery needs to be ordered. The ELF works without it but definitely much more user friendly with a battery. Without a battery requires enough muscle to pedal the vehicle + rider weight. Battery can be purchased here: https://litespeedbikes.mybigcommerce.com/52v-26-5ah-elf-drop-in/
– the velcro that holds covers on needs to be replaced in some places (purely cosmetic)
Sold new for $9,500. Asking $1,500 Used to reflect the lack of battery and time crunch to sell. Open to reasonable offers.
My mom has put a lot of love, time, and money into the ELF but she is downsizing from a house to a trailer this summer before I leave for school in the fall. There just isn’t space for it on the road and she is helping me raise money for college by letting me sell as much as possible before the move.
I am available to show the ELF and offer test rides (for seriously interested only). My mom can also try to be available to answer any questions (to the best of her ability). You are welcome to bring a 48v-52v battery to connect for a test ride. Please contact me for the address.